Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lollipop Garden


I found a new Easter tradition!  I either read or dreamed someone writing about jellybean seeds and lollipop flowers and I thought, what a great idea!  On Easter eve, I told the kids that we were going to plant a special garden, and we put some paper shreds in the bottom of two little buckets.  Emily got a handful of jellybeans and Travis, who only eats goldfish, got a handful of goldfish to "plant" in the buckets.  Then we talked about how the Easter bunny would hop over to them and make something grow in the morning.  Here's what they were excited to find:

Goldfish carrots and lollipop flowers!  They loved it!

For the carrots, just put a handful of goldfish in a plastic icing decorator bag and tie it off with some green ribbon.  For the lollipops, I just cut out some random flower shapes, punched a whole and taped the lollipop in place.  It was so much fun and I think the kids actually liked these better than their baskets.

No comments:

Post a Comment